What do you need to know about engagement rings before you buy a ring to propose? Here are some tidbits to remember when you head to the jewelry store.
The 4 Cs. Cut, color, clarity, and carat are the 4 Cs when it comes to engagement rings. Here’s a breakdown:
– Cut refers to how well a diamond is cut, and it affects how it captures light. You may want a shiny ring!
– Color refers to how colorless the white diamond on the ring is. You may want a clear stone or a whiter stone.
– Clarity refers to a grading that takes internal and external flaws into account in terms of the diamond.
– Carat refers to the weight of a diamond. You may want a lighter ring!
Shape and Style Settings.
– The shape of a diamond center stone can be oval, round, emerald, princess, etc. Every shape has a unique style!
– A ring’s setting heavily influences the style of it. Classic, modern, unique, and vintage-inspired settings are popular!
You Can Go Custom. Many people forget that they don’t need to pick out a ring at a store if they don’t think any of them suits their partner and their style. You may opt for a custom-designed engagement ring instead!